The BAA Radio Astronomy Group (BAA-RAG) have an impressive line-up of speakers for their General Meeting taking place Saturday, October 27, 10:30 to 17:30 at the National Space Centre, Leicester, LE4 5NS. The event is open to all.
The provisional schedule lists these speakers:
• Prof Andrew Lyne – Jodrell Bank Centre for Astrophysics Pulsar Team – Using pulsars as cosmic clocks in the study of gravitational theories
• Dr Chris North, Cardiff University School of Physics and Astronomy & co-presenter for The Sky at Night – Astronomy at Mega Megahertz
• Tony Abbey G3OVH – Using the FUNcube Dongle and budget variants for Hydrogen Line reception
• Peter Blair G3LTF – Optimising the performance of parabolic reflector antennas
• Brian Coleman G4NNS – Outreach via Hydrogen Line astronomy
• John Cook G8EDG – SIDs, SFEs and CMEs in 2012
• Matt Earnshaw & Noah Hardwicke – Next generation radio astronomy
• Paul Hyde G4CSD – Practical considerations in observing meteor scatter
• Jeff Lashley 2E0ODF – Data processing and control
• Dr David Morgan – Interferometric detection of an extra-galactic radio source
RF Design UK and UKRAA will also have stands at this event. Tickets are £15 (£12 for BAA members) including buffet lunch, free admission to the National Space Centre and free parking. See http://www.britastro.org/radio for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can join the BAA-RAG Yahoo Group by following these steps:
– Send a blank email to email@example.com
– Yahoo will send you an email in response, you may have to check your SPAM folder to see it.
– Click on the link in the email, this will bring up a Yahoo page in your browser
– On the Yahoo page ignore the big Join link in the middle and click on the link at the bottom of the page instead, it says: “As an alternate option, you may join the mailing list instead.”
– You should then join the list.