The FUNcube Yahoo Group caters for the AMSAT-UK FUNcube satellites and the original FUNcube Dongle (FCD) Software Defined Radio (SDR).
AMSAT-UK’s FUNcube is an educational satellite project with the goal of enthusing and educating young people about radio, space, physics and electronics. It will support the educational Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) initiatives.
The target audience consists of primary and secondary school pupils. In addition to a 435/145 MHz linear transponder the satellite will feature a 145 MHz telemetry beacon providing a strong signal for the pupils to receive.
The FUNcube Dongle (FCD) Software Defined Radio (SDR) was originally developed for educational outreach as part of the ground segment for the FUNcube satellite. A proportion of the sales of the FCD goes to support AMSAT-UK’s FUNcube satellite project.
In the file section (Files) of this Yahoo Group, there are files relating to the original FUNcube Dongle (no longer available) – FCD firmware, SDR software and User Guides. You will find everything you need from setting up Spectravue to using WRplus with the FCD.
If you have a FUNcube Dongle Pro+ SDR then there is a dedicated group for it at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FCDProPlus/
We welcome you to share your thoughts and pictures on this project, please post any questions you have.
You can join the FUNcube Yahoo Group by following these steps:
• Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Yahoo will send you an email in response, you may need to check your SPAM folder
• Click on the link in the email, this will bring up a Yahoo page in your browser
• On the Yahoo page ignore the big Join link in the middle and click on the link at the bottom of the page instead, it says: “As an alternate option, you may join the mailing list instead.”
• You should then be a member of the group.