AMSAT-NA will be present at the 2011 Dayton Hamvention with the theme of ‘Providing Education Through Amateur Satellites’.
The Hamvention takes place May 20-22 and there will be multiple exhibits of the new AMSAT satellites on display.
The AMSAT-UK FUNcube Dongle Software Defined Radio will be shown decoding CW and BPSK telemetry from a prototype of the ARISSat-1 satellite due to be deployed from the International Space Station in July.
In addition to the CW and BPSK the prototype satellite will also be transmitting FM on 145.950 MHz so that Hamvention visitors can hear it on their HT’s.
AMSAT will be in Booths 444-449 in the Ball Arena, right across from the ARRL area and just inside the door from the Satellite Demonstration area.
The AMSAT Forum takes place Saturday May 21. Moderated by Alan Biddle, WA4SCA you will have a chance to hear and see the latest news of amateur radio in space.
• AMSAT President Barry Baines, WD4ASW will present an AMSAT Status Report
• Alan Kung, BA1DU, CEO of AMSAT-China, will discuss the activities of AMSAT-China.
• Project Manager for ARISSat-1, Gould Smith, WA4SXM, will talk about its operation aboard the ISS, and the planned deployment and operations this summer.
• Tony Monteiro, AA2TX, will discuss the design and status of Project-FOX.
• Alex Harvilchuck, N3NP, will present NextGen CubeSat Program Update.
Further information can be found on the AMSAT-NA website athttp://www.AMSAT.org/