CAMSAT are building two micro-satellites CAS-2A1 and CAS-2A2 to be combined into a binary star system for amateur radio communication and education.
There will be a radio link between two satellites when the satellites are in suitable positions in their orbits, so that the amateur radio communication coverage can be extended. Both spacecraft are 25kg 270x270x250mm and are planning to launch from Taiyuan into a sun synchronous, 1000km apogee, 99.5 degree orbit.
Missions of CAS-2A1 satellite:
● 145 MHz CW telemetry beacon 100mW
● 145 MHz AX.25 digital telemetry beacon 500mW
● 145 MHz FM voice beacon 500mW
● 435/145 MHz linear transponder 50 kHz 500mW
● 1260/2400 MHz linear transponder 200 kHz 320mW
● 435/145 MHz APRS repeater
Missions of CAS-2A2 satellite:
● 435 MHz CW telemetry beacon 100mW
● 435 MHz AX.25 digital telemetry beacon 500mW
● 2400 MHz CW telemetry beacon 200mW
● 10450 MHz CW telemetry beacon 200mW
● 145/435 MHz linear transponder 500mW
IARU Amateur Satellite Frequency Coordination Panel status http://www.amsat.org.uk/iaru