The British Amateur Television Club (BATC) convention takes place on the weekend of October 26-27 at the Finningley Amateur Radio Club facilities near Robin Hood airport in Yorkshire.
On the Saturday at 16:00 BST if the weather is suitable Philip Crump M0DNY will be giving a live demonstration of a High Altitude Balloon launch. There should be 3G Streaming Video at up to 1000 metres and possibly Slow Scan Digital Video (SSDV) images on 434 MHz above that altitude if the hardware is available in time.
Other highlights of the program include:
• 10 GHz ATV equipment and operation.
• Ku band LNB developments and the use of PLL LNBs on 10 GHz.
• How to get going on 437 MHz and 3.4 GHz DATV and experiences to date.
• HAMTV on ISS – introduction and how to receive it.
• Digital update – including the latest from the Digilite and DATV express teams.
• Narrow band modes below 432 MHz – presentation and discussion.
• Talk and demo of DTX1 transmitter system.
As well as the talks program, there will be plenty of time for meeting other ATVers from across the country and visit the other activities on site including:
• SMD soldering workshop where you can buy, build and test equipment – we will be selling kits for the G4DDK PGA103 amplifier (see CQ-TV 241).
• Demonstration area – featuring member’s demo including M0DTS showing his integrated MK808 Digilite system.
• Comprehensive RF test and measurement equipment up to 10 GHz.
• Selected RF and video suppliers.
• Members bring and buy area.
• Antenna test range (Sunday only & weather permitting).
• BATC shop with stock of all items currently on sale
The talks program and agenda for the weekend has now been published see http://www.batc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=3178
If you are coming to CAT13, please register on the Finningley Radio Club site see http://www.batc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=3292
There will be a group dinner on Saturday night but you do need to book ahead with the hotel – so far no-one has emailed a menu request so the hotel are asking if they should cancel the booking!
See http://www.batc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=3293 for details and also details on nearby hotels.
We look forward to seeing you all in 2 weeks time
On behalf of the BATC committee