On Monday, May 19, Steve Hedgecock M0SHQ will be explaining how to track and work the growing number of amateur radio satellites at the Ham Radio Skills Night run by the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society. This free event is open to all, whether licensed or unlicensed.
These monthly sessions are a great opportunity to chat, swap ideas, and get hands-on with something new. As regular attendees know, what is covered on the evenings is decided by you.
Here is what’s planned for the May Skills Night:
• Working Satellites – How to track and work amateur radio satellites
• A live CW station – Operated by members of the Essex CW Club
• Soldering practical – Soldering plugs and connectors – Need help with a lead? Bring it along
• Hands-on with Storm Tracking kit
• The quiz will run again – just a bit of fun!
• Show-and-tell: All are welcome to bring along any items for show-and-tell
• Representatives from CARS, Essex CW Club, the Essex Repeater Group and Essex Ham will be on-hand, and happy to answer your questions
If you’re interested in coming along, the evening starts at 7pm, although you’re welcome to arrive any time between 7pm and 9pm. If you have anything you’d like to bring along to show to the others, that would be great.
The event is open to all and there’s no charge for attending the CARS Amateur Radio Skills workshops. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be available throughout the evening and an optional small donation to the tea fund and hall hire would be appreciated.
The skills night takes place at the Danbury Village Hall, Main Road, Danbury, Chelmsford, CM3 4NQ
More information http://www.hamskills.co.uk/
Essex Ham http://essexham.co.uk/
CARS run training courses for those wishing to get their amateur licence. To find out more speak to Clive G1EUC on
Email: training2014 at g0mwt.org.uk
What is Amateur Radio ? http://www.essexham.co.uk/what-is-amateur-radio