The annual UK High Altitude Society (UKHAS) conference was held on Saturday, August 16, 2014 at the University of Greenwich in London. It attracted those interested in learning about building and flying High Altitude Balloons or in tracking their 434 MHz signals.
There was an impressive line-up of speakers in addition to which there were workshops, demonstrations along with amateur radio exams.
Videos of some of the presentations are now available on the British Amateur Television Club (BATC) site at http://batc.tv/
To watch the videos online or download them to your PC:
• Go to http://www.batc.tv/
• Click on the ‘Film Archive’ icon
• Select ‘UKHAS 2014′ from the Category drop down menu
• Click on ‘Select Category’
• Select the video you wish to watch from the Stream drop down menu
• Click on ‘Select Stream’
• Click the play icon ‘>’ on the player
• Clicking on the icon to the left of the player volume control will give you full screen display.
• To download the video file to your PC right-click on the ‘Click Here’ link under the player.
09:30 Assembly – Coffee / Tea + Biscuits
10.10 Introduction – James Coxon M6JCX and Anthony Stirk M0UPU
10.20 Predictor – Daniel Richman M0ZDR and Adam Greig M0RND
10.50 Advanced superpressure balloon technology – Dan Bowen K2VOL
11.30 SUWS WebSDR – Philip Crump M0DNY
12.00 $50SAT Low cost satellite- Stuart Robinson GW7HPW
12.45 Batc.tv Introduction – Noel Matthews G8GTZ
13.00 Lunch / Show and Tell
Combination of workshop/lectures.
14.30 STM32+DSP – Adam Greig M0RND, Jon Sowman M0JSN, Matt Brezja M6VXO
15.30 UKHASNET – James Coxon M6JCX
14:30 Pi In The Sky – Anthony Stirk M0UPU and Dave Akerman M0RPI
15.30 Amateur Radio Exams
UKHAS Conference http://ukhas.org.uk/general:ukhasconference2014
Online real-time tracking of balloons http://spacenear.us/tracker/
Beginners Guide to Tracking using dl-fldigi software http://ukhas.org.uk/guides:tracking_guide
Slow Scan Digital Video (SSDV) Guide http://ukhas.org.uk/guides:ssdv
See received SSDV images on the web at http://ssdv.habhub.org/
Follow balloon launch day chat on the #highaltitude IRC channel at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=highaltitude