The ITU Radiocommunication Assembly (RA-15) has opened in Geneva ahead of the World Radiocommunication Conference 2015 (WRC-15) which commences next week.
The Radiocommunication Assembly, which is responsible for the structure, programme and approval of radiocommunication studies, runs from October 26-30 followed by WRC-15 from November 2-27.
There are a number of agenda items for WRC-15 which may impact amateur radio, among them are:
• Agenda Item 1.1 – Additional allocations for Mobile (IMT) services and applications
• Agenda Item 1.4 Amateur service, on a secondary basis, in the 5250–5450 kHz band
• Agenda Item 1.10 – Additional mobile satellite IMT allocations in the 22-26 GHz range
• Agenda Item 1.18 – Radar for automotive applications in 77.5-78.0 GHz
• Agenda Item 9.1, issue 9.1.8 – Regulatory aspects for nano and pico-satellites
Pictures of the RA-15 Opening Plenary can be seen at
You must be logged in to post a comment.