Austria has become the latest country to impose restrictions on Amateur Radio operation in the 23 cm band (1240-1300 MHz) to protect to protect ground-based receivers for the Galileo RNSS satellite constellation.
Austria’s national amateur radio society ÖVSV say:
Changes to the legal conditions in the AFU area from 03/13/2023:
Annex 2 of the Amateur Radio Ordinance is omitted and is now regulated in the Frequency Use Ordinance Annex 4.
This results in some changes in the frequency ranges and powers.
For the KW bands 80m, 40m, 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m and 10m, 1KW (High-Power) can now be approved for Class 1 FA after 1 year of trouble-free operation.
- Thus, the power limitation of 7100-7200 kHz (previously only 200W) in the 40m band is eliminated and AFU has primary status.
- 30m band still only max. 200W if power level B or C approved (no change)
- 160m band from 1810-1850 kHz now max. 200W if power level B or C approved and AFU has primary status.
- 160m band from 1850-2000 kHz only max. 100W (now instead of 1950 kHz up to 2000 kHz)
- The 6m band has been extended from 52-54MHz. (Limited until 31.12.2030, for research WRAN)
- from 50-52 MHz now max. 200W if power level B or C approved and AFU has primary status.
- from 52-54MHz only max. 100W
- On the 70cm band now also allowed as already on 2m high-power (up to 1KW), if power level B or C approved (but only EME and MS with Yagis from at least 15dBd gain)
- The 23cm band was kept, but the performance was severely limited
- only 10W allowed (previously max. 200W were allowed)
- Repeaters with more than 16kHz bandwidth must cease operation by December 31, 2024.
- On all higher FM bands (except 10 GHz, since only 40dbW EIRB) now also max. 200W (previously only 100W) allowed.
- on 24GHz AFU has only secondary status
Please note the new conditions.
Amateur Frequencies: https://ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/BgblAuth/BGBLA_2023_II_61/Anlagen_0004_CAC10589_910D_4FFE_9A8D_3839DC110654.pdfsig
ÖVSV post: https://www-oevsv-at.translate.goog/oevsv/aktuelles/Neue-Frequenznutzungs-Verordnung-in-Kraft/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=nui
You must be logged in to post a comment.