The cover of OSCAR News issue 199 shows the FUNcube-1 CubeSat during a “fit check” of the Flight Model hardware at ISIS BV in The Netherlands. (See FUNcube Project update, page 11). Picture by Wouter Weggelaar PA3WEG
The Autumn (Fall) edition of the AMSAT-UK newsletter OSCAR News is now at the printers and should be posted to members soon.
In this issue
• A filtered 2m preamp for wideband receivers by David Bowman G0MRF
• A Multi-purpose Portable Setup: Working low-earth orbit satellites from any place (part 2 of 2) by Ivo Klinkert, PA1IVO
• A full update on the FUNcube Project
• Experiments with Orbital Decay by John Heath G7HIA
• Minutes of the 2012 Annual General Meeting
• A report on the 27th AMSAT-UK Colloquium
• The Parkes Dish tracking the Mars Science Laboratory landing by John M. Sarkissian
AMSAT-UK Membership year lasts for 12 months starting on January 1 each year.
If you join after July 31 of any particular year, then you will receive complimentary membership for the whole of the following year, i.e. join on October 8, 2012, and you have nothing to pay until Dec 31, 2013.
Now is a very good time to join.
AMSAT-UK FUNcube Mission Patch
Membership of AMSAT-UK is open to anyone who has an interest in amateur radio satellites or space activities, including the International Space Station (ISS).
There are two rates:
Rest of the World (Overseas)
These separate rates go to offset the extra postage costs involved in mailing our quarterly publication, “Oscar News”, to different parts of the World.
See a PDF sample copy of “Oscar News” at http://www.amsat-uk.org/on_193_final.pdf
Join AMSAT-UK using PayPal, Debit or Credit card at